Call for application! Health & Environment Seminar - 26 to 28 June 2023
15 PhD students will be selected to join this 3-day event in Cannes, France. They have until April 30th to apply.
Under the sponsorship of SUEZ, distinguished scientists from Universities and International Institutions welcome 15 PhD students to present their work and discuss their results.
A €1,500 award will be attributed by SUEZ to the PhD student with the best contribution to the prevention of diseases of environmental origin.
How to apply?
PhD students may apply at any stage of their PhD, although the preference will be given to research work near completion and mature for publication. Young post-doctoral researchers may also apply.
Applications should be sent before April 30th, 2023!
To submit your application, please send a CV and a one-page summary of your research (objectives, methods, main results) through email by clicking here:
Topics covered relate to microbiology, analytical chemistry, toxicology, epidemiology, exposure and health risk assessment in the fields of drinking water, sanitation and solid waste management. Topics related with the sociological and regulatory aspects of risk management are also welcome.
What are the objectives of the Health & Environment Seminar?
- Promote dialogue between young and senior scientists in these fast-moving scientific areas
- Allow young researchers to discuss their results with internationally recognized scientists
- Encourage the flow of information among different disciplines that contribute to the reduction of diseases of environmental origin
- Support exchanges between academic scientists and industrial researchers across various organizations
- Identify new research needs to further improve environmental health
- Prof. Jamie BARTRAM University of Leeds, UK
- Prof. Nicholas ASHBOLT Southern Cross University, Australia
- Prof. Paul HUNTER University of East Anglia, UK
- Prof. Yves LEVI University of Paris Saclay, France
- Prof. Gertjan MEDEMA KWR & Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Prof. Juliet WILLETTS University of Technology of Sydney, Australia
- Dr Xavier LITRICO SUEZ, France
- Dr Jean-François LORET SUEZ, France