SUEZ confirms its financial strength and welcomes Moody’s decision to convert its provisional Baa2/P2 with a stable outlook into a ‘definitive’ one
Moody’s Investors Service assigned a definitive Baa2 long-term rating and Prime 2 (P-2) short-term rating to SUEZ. The outlook is stable.
According to Moody’s, SUEZ’ Baa2/P2 ratings are supported by:
- the group’s scale and positioning, with its assets generating revenue in excess of €7.5 billion in 2021;
- the low-risk profile of its water business, which provides essential services to many low-risk counterparties in the public sector;
- the diversification of its revenue base by business, contract type and by geography;
- the strong integration across the value chain of water, sewage and waste treatments;
- underlying positive structural dynamics with tightening regulations on water and waste that will benefit from higher expertise and the rising sophistication in operations.