Let's make your packaging recyclable
One goal: to make your packaging recyclable!
Vincent Mooij, head of SUEZ.circpack®, explains the 5 services of the offer
Circpack, a new solution towards recyclable packaging. - SUEZ
Credit: SUEZ group
1. Discover the world of recycling and circular packaging by taking part in one of our masterclasses
Would you like to know more about the sorting and recycling of materials, about emerging technologies and how they’ll influence your choices when it comes to recyclable packaging design? Come and take part in one of our masterclasses on household packaging recycling, hosted by our experts.
These masterclasses are open to any company or actor concerned by the topic of packaging recycling. During five sessions, you’ll learn what happens to packaging waste and how it’s sorted and recycled. We’ll reveal the techniques and machinery used in the disposal and sorting process, and the guidelines to follow when eco-designing recyclable packaging.
A very complete overview on Recycling in a record time! It is a must for all pack developers working on Eco-conception development.
Camille Detry Lecointe , Group Leader new sustainable pack material - BEL Group
It’s been my pleasure to join the MasterClass! It’s been really good for us as we’re increasing our knowledge in this complex world!
Luiz Campos , Global Senior Packaging Engineer - AVON
The Masterclass is a great opportunity to get insights from the experts of recycling. Thank you for sharing your expertise.
Stefan Vyge , Business Development & Technical Manager - Yupo Europe GmbH
2. Packaging advice: our services dedicated to the eco-design of a recyclable packaging
Let's design a new form of sustainable packaging together
Are you developing new packaging? Do you need concrete solutions to ensure its recyclability? We guide you towards the total recyclability of your packaging, whether it is plastic bottles, jars, pouches, plastic film, cartons, any other.
Every type of packaging is different, which is why we carry out targeted analysis depending on your needs and offer specialised advice. This work can be done in various ways, for example through:
- tests in our sorting facilities to identify the destination of the packaging at end-of-life;
- laboratory research to test new materials combination;
- analysing our "BigData" database to determine how existing packaging is sorted;
- desk research to answer specific questions;
- consultation with our international network of experts.
We provide you with an analysis of your packaging, whether the packaging already exists or still needs to be created. You receive specific advice on how to improve your packaging to increase its recyclability. As each country has specific requirements when it comes to collection, sorting and recycling, we also help you understand the local market.
>> Contact us
To make a packaging easy to recycle, you need to take several parameters into account, including the type of material, the shape of your packaging and recycling techniques. We have listed the key recommendations for recycling in our design for recycling guidelines, provided to you free of charge.
With this guide, you will be able to analyse the recyclability of your packaging and learn more about three types of materials:
- Recyclable materials: materials that can be completely recycled;
- Non-recyclable materials: materials that cannot be recycled but do not disrupt the packaging recycling process;
- Conflicting materials: materials that cannot be recycled and hinder the recycling of other recyclable materials.
3. Certification of recyclability: show that your packaging can be recycled
Is your packaging recyclable? Prove it with a certification!
SUEZ.circpack® can assess the recyclability of your packaging.
For plastic packaging we are an accredited certifying body of RecyClass.
For other materials, we have defined a proprietary certification methodology, called READY TO RECYCLE.
After providing us with samples and some input on the materials used, we will start the assessment. Depending on the packaging, we will run a sorting test in a representative operational sorting facility.
Combined with the detailed knowledge on materials, we are able to make an accurate assessment on the recyclability. In combination with our knowledge on the local infrastructure, we can not only make general assessments, but also country specific assessments.
>> Contact us
4. Recycling around the world: discover the local situation
In our SUEZ.circpack® overview reports, you’ll find information on a specific country:
- The types of packaging collected;
- The existing deposit-return system;
- The list of sorted materials;
- The materials that are really recycled;
- Information on the Extended Producer Responsibility system (EPR) and associated fees.
5. BigData, our European data bank on recycling
We believe that end-of-life packaging provides valuable information. By selecting representative samples from our different European sorting centres, covering a wide variety of packaging, we have gathered BigData on recycling of household packaging. Your product will be in there!
This data bank enables us to draw up, on your behalf:
- empirical statistics on the sorting of specific packaging;
- geographical comparisons;
- reports on market preferences;
- market share analysis.
>> Contact us
SUEZ awards the first recyclable packaging certificate to REN Skincare
SUEZ.circpack® is proud to collaborate with Albéa since 2019
Food & Beverage – Optimizing the recyclability of Pringles iconic packaging – SUEZ
Credit: SUEZ group
SUEZ contributes to Kellogg’s sustainable packaging ambition
Contact our experts.