Industrial companies in the pulp and paper sector are adapting to changing demand and market trends, particularly for recycled paper, a key issue for paper manufacturers. In parallel, they are bound by increasingly stringent environmental standards. These developments in a highly competitive market mean companies have to take operational performance measures to maintain their profit margins. SUEZ is a long-standing expert in the pulp and paper sector, and has a deep understanding of all aspects of the industry. One of the leading suppliers of recycled paper in Europe, the Group guarantees its customers constant, uniform quality. It also provides solutions to bolster and improve all upstream and downstream production processes to ensure activities are profitable and comply with legal health, safety and environmental standards.
Supporting profitable growth in line with environmental standards
In a market suffering from increasing secondary raw material scarcity, securing recycled fiber supply has become a key challenge, especially regarding packaging and cardboard facing increasing demand.
40 to 60 %
Our ambition: secure your processes, lower your costs and reduce your environmental footprint
How can production processes be better managed?
Moreover we can provide you a wide range of equipment and services in waste and water adapted to meet your precise needs, with a view to:
- Optimise your energy consumption and guarantee continuous production;
- Halve your water consumption and guarantee high-quality cellulose fibre production;
- Dispose of effluents.
- Extend your existing production capacity
- Comply with environmental standards
- Improve your ability to cope with variations in the volume of effluent for treatment, including high flow rates
- Opt for optimum performance with regard to quantities of COD and SS in effluents
How to save water and reduce your environmental footprint?
- On-site analysis and testing using containerised pilot plants
- Selection of the most suitable process from a choice of in situ treatment at the heart of the process, treatment on the WWTP or incineration of polluted effluent
- Implementation of advanced treatment: ozone oxidation, activated carbon adsorption or membrane filtration
- Guarantee constant water quality
- Allow low-cost water reuse
- Optimise the process and reduce polymer consumption
- Use space intelligently by means of compact, robust, turnkey technology which is easy to install
- Reduce water footprint and environmental impact
How to recover production effluents?
- Fibres recovery throughout the process (flotation, settling etc.)
- Water used during the production process with variable recovery rates and quality according to the type of paper produced
- Primary treatment of different phases from preliminary pretreatment to possible refrigeration.
- Biological treatment particularly taking into account: fouling potential of the fibres, calcium concentrations and salinity.
- Tertiary treatment if necessary to lower concentrations of compounds such as suspended solids, hard COD or colouration.
- Recycling in production
- Dewatering or mixing with biological sludge.
- Sorting logistics management
- Transportation of waste, administrative and operational monitoring
- A team of dedicated experts on site to provide comprehensive flow management and implement progress plans.
- Cleansing your systems
How to optimise energy consumption and costs?
- By choosing methane fermentation, for example, you can produce energy from effluents. For one tonne of COD disposed of you can potentially generate approximately 3500 kWh.
- SUEZ is the European leader in alternative energy supplies compatible with all types of installation. We supply 2 million tonnes of SRF/RDF solid fuels and wood.
- Pumping stations
- Biological treatment
- Sludge treatment
- Biogas production
- Management and real-time adjustment of air consumption in aeration tanks with our GREENBASS technology
- producing electricity and steam to cover all the energy requirements of your facilities,
- producing biomethane as a green energy source or biofuel
They trust us
We work closely with our customers to define the best solutions together.
Supporting you throughout the entire value chain
From resource management consulting to after-sales services, we bring you our expertise to carry out your projects