Shape a sustainable environment, now
- Supply the essential resources of life and ensure their sustainability: water, soil, air
- Mitigate the effects of climate change to preserve and restore the planet’s natural resources and, in so doing, ensure the future of biodiversity on sea and land.
- Contribute to the economic and sustainable development of cities, regions, and businesses.
- Innovate and invent new contractual forms with our customers and stakeholders.
SUEZ is strengthening the ambition of its contribution to the fight against climate change as part of its strategic plan, in particular through three commitments for 2030, in line with the 1.5°C trajectory recommended by the the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
- Reduce carbon emissions by 45% between now and 2030
- Help our industrial customers and cities avoid 20 million metric tons of carbon emissions annually by 2030
- Offer 100% sustainable solutions to our customers by 2030, i.e. solutions with a positive environmental footprint in terms of carbon emissions, water resources, and biodiversit
Reasons to believe it
- 2.1 billion cubic metres of alternatively sourced water produced
- 8.7 TWh of renewable energy generated
- 10.22 megatons of carbon emissions avoided
- 4.2 megatons of secondary raw materials produced
- 7.1 billion cubic metres of drinking water produced
- Sanitation services provided to 64 million people
- 200,000 jobs created, directly or indirectly