Sales engineers contribute to business development and increase sales margin by entering new markets and helping to win new contracts.
- Prepares a sales plan, draws up a prospecting program for potential customers, analyzes and monitors markets from a marketing approach, monitors developments in research and legislation
- Prospects in new markets, prepares commercial offers, negotiates with customers up to signing new contracts
- Negotiates amendments to existing contracts to expand and improve them
- Creates targeted communication campaigns, participates in different commercial events and ensures continued contact with potential customers
Sales target set in direct relation to a portfolio of prospects
External corporate relations
Elected officials, local authorities, decision-makers and industry representatives
Sales or general engineering.
- Ability to establish long-term relationships and execute technical aspects.
- For engineers, previous sales experience is a bonus
Key skills required
- A feel and a taste for selling
- Interpersonal skills
- Good writing skills and the ability to grasp economic and technical issues
Possibilities for personal development
- Sales manager