The role of a branch director at SUEZ consists of managing, in cooperation with the other entities of the Group, the business development and operations of their unit.
- Team management
- Guides the commercial actions in synergy with other entities of the company (building loyalty of existing customers, winning new customers, etc.)
- Commands production by taking into account external resources and cooperating with the other entities of organization the Group
- Manages the budget and finances of the branch
- Manages human resources in coordination with HR department (recruitment, annual reviews, etc.)
- Makes sure the health and safety regulations are correctly applied
- Management of a team (average size of a branch: 20 people) comprising mainly: engineers and technicians.
- Depending on the size of the branch office, the director can be assisted by one or several people especially regarding production management
- Turnover: €1 to €5 million
External corporate relations
Customers (local authorities and industry and cooperation with partners in other group entities).
- At least 10 years of experience in one of our technical fields (hydraulics, civil engineering, urban development, transport, etc.).
- Previous experience in business development and team management
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (environmental regulations, Public Procurement Code, etc.)
- Strong technical culture
Key skills required
- Selling and negotiating skills
- Ability to establish good relations and build customer loyalty
- Motivational and team leadership skills
- Ability to delegate, enable subordinates to progress and assess new situations
- Sense of responsibility
- Adoption of the company’s values
- Application of internal rules and processes
- Ability to cooperate
Possibilities for personal development
- Director of a larger branch,
- Director of a regional delegation,
- Project director in France or on international markets