The Mława wastewater treatment plant in Poland, an exemplary Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
To meet the wastewater management requirements of the City of Mława
Requirements of the City:
- Rapid modernisation of wastewater treatment plants,
- Increase in the number of connections to the network of residents,
- Maintenance of tariffs at acceptable levels.
In July 2016, SUEZ signed a contract for the design, construction and operation of a state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant with the provision of financing.
- Construction of a new wastewater treatment plant
- Ensuring funding for project implementation
- Lease and operation of the old plant
- Operation of the new plant
- Ensuring a stable and predictable tariff throughout the contractual term
Recruitment of personnel with the provision of a 5-year employment and salary guarantee.
- Duration: 33 years
- Scope: treatment of wastewater from the entire Municipality
- Demolition of the old plant.
- After the contractual period, transfer of the EIA to the Municipality.
The Public-Private Parternship (PPP), a win-win solution
Benefits that PPP gives to local authorities
- opportunity to reduce the public debt
- opportunity to raise capital for investment
- opportunity to attract an industrial partner and improve service quality
- access to the best technology
- significant reduction of risk in local authorities' own tasks
PPP in Mława
Private partner's contribution: the entire investment and ensuring proper operation.
Implementation of the Public-Private Partnership agreement in Mława
- Completion of construction and handover of a new Municipal Wastewater Treatment Plant that meets the highest quality standards, in accordance with the goals and timetable of the contract,
- Developing and providing new prospects for the Company's local personnel,
- Providing the Public Partner with a stable and predictable tariff,
- SUEZ's contribution to the lives of Residents and the City:
- Supporting culture and local sports,
- Activities to promote environmental protection
- Active participation in the social life of the City - supporting local initiatives