The role of a branch manager at SUEZ consists of driving and optimizing branch results by developing turnover and profitability, optimizing the running of the branch by using 3 levers: organization, business development and the branch’s workforce
- Oversees the general economy of the branch: develops turnover and controls costs
- Directs the drawing up of the budget and participates in its monitoring
- Supervises the sales activity and operations service center manager(s)
- Provides support for changes, in line with the strategy of Recycling and Waste Recovery
- Builds a stable social climate
- Ensures that health and hygiene, safety, environmental, quality and ethics policies are implemented
- Identifies the skills requirements in the area and encourages the personal development of his or her teams
- Establishes the sales strategy and implements it
- Makes sure the sales actions are in line with the company’s development priorities: canvassing/expansion, product mix
- Sales: €15 to €50 M
- Workforce: between 150 and 300 employees
External corporate relations
Branch customers, local governments, central government representatives, administrations, manufacturers, etc…
Business school, technical school or university education.
Experience in operational management and commercial negotiations.
Command of risk management methods and knowledge of environmental regulations.
Key skills required
- Audit/internal control methods
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Analytical skills and global vision
- Organisation and tenacity
- Persuasive skills
- Development and results-oriented
- Technology watch
Possibilities for personal development
- Manager of a larger branch,
- National or regional functional management,
- Deputy director of a region/cluster,
- Branch director in another BU in the company.