Support the improvement of air quality in Hong Kong
The 35 million m3 landfill site in Nent is a key element in Hong Kong's waste management. To meet the ever stricter environmental requirements of the Hong Kong government, Nent has adopted the most advanced landfill technology available. SUEZ has operated this landfill site since 2003, turning it into one of the best models in the world for biogas recovery and reuse!
Design, build and operate one of the largest landfills in Hong Kong
35 million m3
Produce green energy, preserve resources
- secure containment,
- landfill gas processing and its transformation into biogas,
- processing of leachate produced by the natural fermentation of waste
- continuous monitoring of the environmental parameters.
- the release of methane into the air,
- nauseating smells,
- the risk of leachate overflowing into the water tables.