Improve the network and the quality of the distributed water while avoiding leakages
An action plan was implemented to reduce physical losses on the network:
- Installation of flow meters to evaluate the volumes of water distributed.
- Use of expert water network monitoring software, Aquadvanced.
- Pipe inspection and leak detection.
A program to replace the cast iron pipes is underway in order to eliminate the phenomenon of "red water" in certain districts. Casablanca now benefits from qualitative control systems, with a complete cartography defining the nature and the quality of the water.
Protect the city from natural disasters thanks to a more effective sewerage network
A major project to solve the flooding problem was carried out. It was designed around:
- the rehabilitation of former collectors;
- the construction of a flood relief channel that can protect the city against a flood of 140 m3/s while also cleaning up the coastal tourist area.
SUEZ introduced several technical innovations in wastewater management:
- inspection of collectors using cameras;
- manual and hydrodynamic cleaning operations, and notably the design of the MARINE HYDROPHOS machine for the cleaning of large collectors;
- nano scrubbers for the optimal operation and maintenance of the sewerage network in the medina.
Guarantee electricity distribution and cut the number of power outages by four
Through multiple investments and the controlled operation of the network, SUEZ was able to optimise electricity distribution in Casablanca thanks to:
- the establishment of the Central Operations Office, which provides a comprehensive view of the networks and increased operational safety;
- preventive maintenance, saving on operating costs and increasing performance;
- reinforced surveillance of network risk points by means of infrared cameras, detection devices and mobile laboratory units.
SUEZ has cut the number of network incidents by four, as well as reducing the power restoration time from 33 to 10 minutes.
Provide better quality of service for consumers
Private individuals, large companies and industrialists now all benefit from a better quality of service, an easy access to their accounts and invoices, a customer relations centre (25,000 calls per month) and dedicated website.