Real-time water networks management
AQUADVANCED® Water Networks: A powerful water networks monitoring tool
Drinking water utilities require AQUADVANCED® Water Networks to address challenges such as reducing water losses, ensuring water quality, guaranteeing supply, and improving operational and economic performance.Its real-time monitoring capabilities empower utilities face these challenges by:
- Detecting leaks and breaks in the water network in real time
- Identifying and responding to water quality problems
- Forecasting water demand and managing supply
- Optimising the operation of pumps and valves
- Reducing energy consumption
- Improving customer service
AQUADVANCED® Water Networks offers the following unique features:
- Real-time solution: The software can monitor the network and detect problems in real time and all in one platform. This is important for quickly identifying and fixing leaks, which can help to reduce water losses and improve water quality.
- Modular solution: It can be customised to meet the specific needs of each utility, making it a more cost-effective solution than other, more generic solutions.
- Cloud-based solution: It can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. This makes it a more flexible and scalable solution compared to on-premise solutions
- Team expertise: It is backed by the SUEZ team of experts with a proven track record in the water industry. This ensures that utilities can get the most out of AAWN and achieve their water management goals.
AQUADVANCED® Water Networks has the ability to consolidate and analyse vast amounts of data from multiple sensors and sources across a single platform. It provides a centralised view of acoustic loggers, customer complaints, smart meters, and more, which eliminate guesswork and enable utilities to predict and prevent leaks and bursts. Its Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping overlay and machine learning further enhance its predictive capabilities.
Real-time water networks management with AQUADVANCED® Water Networks - SUEZ
Credit: SUEZ group
Streamlined water monitoring system
The AQUADVANCED® Water Networks process operates by following three phases:
1. Data Collection
The software collects data from a variety of sources, including sensors, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, historical database, hydraulic models, remote reading systems, and more.
- Real-time dashboards to show water network status
- Cartographic representations to identify problematic areas
- Dedicated views for different users
- Event manager to track and manage events in the water network, as well as to notify operators of potential problems and to track repair progress, among others
Enhanced water management system
As a real-time software quite, AQUADVANCED® Water Networks covers the entire water cycle, providing them with enhanced capabilities in monitoring, predictive analytics, and advanced control. Among its benefits include:
- Reduced water losses: AQUADVANCED® Water Networks has shown its capacity to reduce water losses by up to 20% globally, offering potential savings to utilities while contributing to environmental conservation.
- Improved water quality: It helps utilities improve water quality by accurately and continuously monitoring water quality at all points in the network. Operators will be able to understand features of the distributed water like source, mixing, and chlorination level, as well as identify and qualify the impact of accidental intrusion on the network.
- Guaranteed supply: It helps utilities guarantee the supply of drinking water by detecting and eventually fixing leaks quickly, which prevent outages and disruptions to service.
- Improved operational efficiency: It helps optimise operational efficiency by providing real-time data and insights into the network. This helps water utilities make better decisions and save money.
- Reduced costs: It helps bring down overall costs by reducing water losses, improving equipment maintenance, optimising water purchases and transport costs, and more.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements: It helps utilities align with the UK government's target to reduce leakage by 50% by 2050 and meet Ofwat's recommendation for a 15%-16% leakage reduction by 2025.
Complementing AQUADVANCED® Water Networks are other SUEZ solutions that combat leakage, reduce expenses, and secure water sources, such as the innovative satellite leak detection and other advanced tools and systems. Discover more here.