Real-time management of water networks
Aquadvanced Water Networks is an advanced analytics tool for the monitoring of water quality and losses in distribution networks in real-time. The system enables utilities to monitor their drinking water networks remotely and continuously, and improve overall operational efficiency and service.
In a digital world, the term DRIP – ‘Data Rich, Information Poor’ DRIP – is all too apt for the day-to-day operations of a water distribution network.
The growing number of available sensors and monitoring technologies are not always advantageous to network managers without the right tools to convert data into valuable inputs for decision-making.
Aquadvanced Networks gives managers the means to optimise network operations and improve customer service.
Operating in real time, the system generates a wealth of valuable and actionable data by remotely and continuously monitor drinking water networks.
Non-revenue water (NRW)
- Manage network efficiency using real-time performance indicators.
- Detect leaks, including small and invisible leaks, through advanced event management and precise localisation of incidents.
- Quantify water losses so as to focus on critical or major leaks.
- Follow the status of water quality throughout the network accurately and continuously.
- Improve understanding of local water quality requirements: such as water origin, water blending, chlorine injection.
- Identify and assess the impact of an accidental or voluntary intrusion on the network.
- Deliver reliable operations across the network through global hydraulic and water quality analysis.
- Respond and prioritise actions more effectively in the event of an incident.
- Optimise water production or water purchase policy through improved network efficiency.
- Inform decision-making for investments in network renewal.
Key features of Aquadvanced Networks include:
- Dashboard for hydraulic and water quality performance with indicators based on NRW, flow, pressure or quality parameters.
- Network map displays position of assets/devices and real-time data computed per hydraulic zones such as District Meter Areas, sectors of consumption, or pressure zones.
- Continuously updated lists of process events and system events detected by statistical methods, including automatic estimation of missing invalid data.
- Selection of any variable through navigation for cross analysis / cross-sectional analysis in a dedicated workspace.
- Acoustic analysis view with noise indicators and map display of acoustic logger status.
- Connection to Automated Meter Reading system to improve NRW accuracy and operational efficiency
- Quality monitoring view with specific quality indicators, map display of multi-parameters probes, accurate quality event detection, sampling points with associated lab analysis data.
- Geo-referencing of complaints and interventions with access to past, on-going and planned interventions, and complaints displayed with detailed information.
- Hydraulic and quality maps based on the use of a hydraulic model of the network: velocity, flow, pressure, head-loss gradient, water source, reservoir influence area, residence time.
- Aquadvanced Networks integrates data from multiple sources and systems – SCADA, sensors (hydraulic and quality), GIS, data historian, Workforce Management, CRM – to turn existing data into valuable decision-making support through a user-friendly interface.