Beginning of revolutionary customers services in India
The project managed by Malviya Nagar Water Services (MNWS), is a public-private partnership between Delhi Jal Board and SUEZ, and its objective was to introduce several initiatives to improve quality of services offered to customers.
Following are some of the deliverables for the 12-year project:
- Safe, clean drinking water for every household
- 100% network coverage throughout the project area
- Continuous supply for consumers
- Reduction of Non-Revenue Water
- Revenue Management Improvement
- Prompt Grievance Redressal and Improvement in Service to Consumers
- Operation and maintenance of the water supply facilities in the service areas
A 24x7 Toll Free Helpline to ensure prompt response to customers’ queries, faster resolution of complaints, pro-active initiatives to connect with the Resident Welfare Association (RWAs), public representatives, and other relevant stakeholders to understand and assess their needs and expectations, among others, were some of the initiatives pro-actively taken to improve services for customers.
One of the main initiatives has been a state-of-the-art customer contact center, at D-Block, Saket, which is operational since July 1, 2014. The center that is catering to 44,000 consumers has the following features:
- Dedicated counters for bill payment (through any mode of payment such as credit/debit cards, cheques, demand draft, and cash)
-Single window service concept to deal with any customer at any counter through Queue management system
-Trained customer care executives
- A Centre Manager to handle all types of issues
-Well-designed waiting space for customers,
-Self-service kiosk machines for bill payments
- Help desk to guide the customers, a hotline to connect with a 24X7 call center for any technical issues, etc.
In a constant endeavor to offer best services to the customers, it is ensured that the customers do not have to wait for long to avail the services. With a robust complaint management system, the average service time for any consumer is less than five minutes. The consumers also get SMS alerts on bill generation, payments and complaints registration and resolution.
As the global leader in the water sector, the company believes it must adapt its activities to the local social and environmental concerns. At Malviya Nagar, constant dialogue with consumers was ensured to offer better services to them.