Kovai Innovate is an open innovation program for university students to take on real challenges faced by the citizens/ organisations of Coimbatore and build solutions to help restore and conserve the fundamental elements - water, soil and air.
Kovai Innovate is a platform that sources pressing challenges from citizens and supports university students to develop solutions for the challenges. Experts from various industries provide mentorship in order to help the students build practical, innovative solutions. The selected teams will be mentored by industrial experts who will guide them through the development of their solutions.
- Participants should be enrolled as a student in colleges based in Coimbatore
- They should participate as a team of minimum 3 and maximum 5 members per team. In this case, the participants must appoint a 'lead participant' to represent them.
- Students should apply with a feasible idea.
- Students should adhere to the mentioned timelines and deadlines for the challenge.
- Applications must be readable, accessible and printable. Incomplete applications may be considered inadmissible if essential elements are missing
- Each team can submit up to 3 ideas in any themes of their choice
DEADLINES & ADMISSIBILITY
- Opening of the challenge submission from Coimbatore Citizens: 16 September 2022
- Opening of the ideas submission by students:January 2023
- Closing date for ideas submission: 17 March 2023
- All the teams' participants must be enrolled in a university or institution in Coimbatore, India.
- The participants cannot be directly related to a current employee at SUEZ.
- To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by SUEZ); (ii) received by 18 November 2022 - 11 pm IST; and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified).
- Each registered team can submit upto 3 ideas in any theme of their choice.
- Kindly ensure each idea submitted is made through separate applications (Please do not submit multiple ideas on the same application form).
- Minimum: 3 participants
- Maximum: 5 participants
- Uniqueness and innovation in the idea
- Team capabilities to build the solution
- Technical and commercial feasibility of the solution
- Internship at SUEZ (one of the worlds' largest water and waste management operators).
- Prize money
- Opportunity to build solutions with SUEZ experts
- Mentorship by SUEZ leaders
- Exposure to the innovation ecosystem in India
- Mr Baskar – Managing Director - Coimbatore Smart City Ltd
- Dr. Gajendran C. – Associate Professor – Karunya Institute of Technology
- Ms. Mehar Zariwala – Director Innovation - LINK
- Mr Amit Neogi – Project Director – SUEZ
- Mr Srijan Prabhakar – Head Corporate Communication – SUEZ
- Mr Nicolas Bockhoff – COO Water Services + O&M – SUEZ
- Mr. Yatin Tayalia - Managing Director India - XYLEM