Water Networks | Embracing Automation And Optimization For Asset Management
Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) is one of the largest water and wastewater utilities in the United States, serving over 1.8 million residents across a 1,000-square-mile area. WSSC is responsible for over 5,700 miles of water distribution pipes and 5,500 miles of sewer collection pipes.
Scope: Software Subscription and Development
Population: 1.5 million
Duration: 3 years
WSSC’s Asset Management Program (AMP) involves a decision-making process with a focus on pipe mortality instead of hydraulic performance. The OptimizerTM platform was utilized to address all of WSSC’s needs by:
- Optimizing capital & operational decision-making.
- Integrating physical condition attributes with hydraulic capacity, operational costs, and level of service performance.
- Assessing and validating capital needs.
In addition, SUEZ, when paired with OptimizerTM, provided WSSC with valuable insights, information, and capabilities:
- Integration of the hydraulic model with asset management data.
- Valuable insights on how to prioritize investments.
- Strategic multicriteria POV based on hydraulic impact for replacement and maintenance prioritization.
- Analysis with a transparent, unified approach to asset management and capital and operational planning, ultimately providing more confidence in decision-making.
Resulting benefits of a partnership with SUEZ:
- CAPEX reduction
- OPEX savings
- Quality RISK mitigation
- OPERATIONAL performance
- SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT impact
- REPUTATION from brand value