Act for equal opportunities and diversity
Equal opportunities and diversity lie at the heart of the Group’s social performance and provide human and economic wealth, which is a source of innovation. The Group is taking concrete action in these areas, in order to meet two additional goals.
Four key commitments
In 2008, SUEZ began structuring and managing its sustainable development policy using a series of road maps. The new road map for 2017-2021 comprises a social pillar built around four key commitments:
A programme that provides structure to our approach
Created in 2010, the Diversity “equal opportunities – social development – commitment” programme provides a framework for the Group’s goals, both in France and worldwide. It focuses on several key themes whose objectives are adapted to different cultural and legal contexts.
- young people: apprenticeships, internships, block release training supported by a mentoring system; tailored integration programmes
- integrating people from deprived or underemployed communities: personalised professional preparation programmes, job training and integration; start-up programmes
- disability policy: helping to keep disabled workers in employment, customising work stations, special partnerships; policy to purchase from ESAT and EA assisted employment centres, creating indirect jobs
- older employees: recruiting candidates aged over fifty, skill and expertise transfer programmes
- commitment surveys for all employees: analysis of results, action plans
- quality of life in the workplace: health and safety at work, preventing psychosocial risks, policies for parents
- all companies within the Group share a common focus on developing gender equality: gender diversity in job roles, equal pay, equal access to career management and training. This policy is supported by specific programmes such as mentoring and coaching.
Diversity Label and Top Employer certification
The Group adopted a certification policy in order to demonstrate
- the conformity of its diversity policy in terms of promoting equal opportunities, preventing discrimination and promoting diversity
- and the way it is taking effective and efficient action in this area.
The French Diversity Label in 2014
TOP Employer certification
(for the 5th year running in 2017)